Sunday, September 21, 2008

Topaz.....


Here he is, in all his glory, my one and only remaining cat, once number three of three and now king of the hill, as it were, which he really fancied himself to be all along. I started off with two kitties, Amber and Chloe. Amber, Chloe, and I moved to a condominium in June, 2000. Soon after, this guy started appearing on our deck and I started giving him food and water, as he was kind of scrawny and scrappy looking. Once or twice, I brought him in, thinking he might stay, but he would howl so loudly at night, that I would end up getting up and letting him out. And so, he had the best of both worlds, the outdoors to roam and a place to go for food and water when he chose to do so. One day, my come-to-the-house vet was coming by to see one or both of the other kitties, and I decided IF HE CAME on that day, I would bring him in and have her check him out. He did come that day, and I did bring him in. He checked out fine. No outdoor-cat diseases, and that was that. He got neutered that day and became my, indoor, third cat. Sadly, I have lost the other two, Amber, some years ago, and Chloe, this summer. We are down to me and him, probably for the duration. He's earned his time as my one and only, and again, barring any unforeseen circumstances, we may just keep it that way. Isn't he lovely? :-)

2 comments:

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

He is a beauty. Is he a tabby? I don't know a lot about cats.

Amberchlopaz said...

Hi Fran, faithful reader! I don't even know what he is "officially" called. :-) Joyce