Sunday, October 5, 2008

Train Travel





One of the best parts of train travel was my attendant from Chicago to L.A., the longest leg of the journey. His name is Vincent. He was sweet and attentive throughout the trip. Sadly, he was not my attendant on the way back, though he was on the train, and I did get to see him now and then, including right before boarding, when I got overcome for a few minutes with sadness about leaving beautiful California and my brother and niece, with whom I had been having such a wonderful time. He was a sweetheart. I would love to do it all again next year, and if I do, I would love to have Vincent as my attendant.

Also above are my brother, Ed, and niece, Erica, she in her "Hooters" shirt. :-)



3 comments:

linda may said...

G'Day, Thanks for visiting. I se you worked out the Kitty widget. He is so cute and I often see him in other peoples blogs. Good to play with while other bits and pieces download. :)I had a read through your blog. I love animals too, but due to natural attrition I am down to 1 dog, 1 galah and 1 cockatiel. I miss my others after moving here 7 mths ago.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Joyce, that's a nice photo of your brother and your niece--and your attendant. I've been remiss in checking your blog lately. I'll try to do better.

linda may said...

A Galah is a medium sized cockatoo. They are also known as Rose Breasted Cockatoo. Galah is their common name. They are character filed birdies and common in most of Australia. You can teach them to talk and they are very interactive little fellas.If you look back through my blog about 5 or 6 mths ago you can see a picture of our Galah, cheeky.